Youth Protection Training
First time Youth Protection Training need to be taken "face to face"
Check the events calendar
for dates. The dates do not fit your schedule? If you have 5 people that need to have YPT training, we will work with you to bring the training to you.
This still does not work for you? Please let us know
and we will see how we can work it out. There should be no reason for anyone not to have YPT training.
Youth Protection Training needs to be taken every 2 years in order to stay current.
Renewal of Boy and Cub Scout Youth Protection Training can be taken online
Please read the instruction below carefully before taking the training.
- Links for YPT training from National can only made from Council Websites (see below for instructions for our Council's Website)
- Make sure that you select "Southern Sierra Council" from the list of choices.
- Take the training and do the test.
- When you pass the test, make sure that you make copies of the "Course Completed" page.
- The instructions say to mail a copy of the "Course Completed (that has your name on it)" page to Bakersfield.
However, mail also a copy to our Desert District office
BSA - Desert District -- YPT Training
P.O. Box 1364
Ridgecrest, CA 93556
If you receive a certificaat from National by e-mail, forward it to DesertBSA@iwvisp.com
(Mine took 2 1/2 weeks to get by e-mail)